A means through which encrypted data can be accessed by surpassing the systems security installations well backdoor has its own way of working. When used by the firm it makes its data stringently protected but when used by the cybercriminals it gives them an easy way into the firm’s important files. Having a strong backdoor password that is different and more secure (8 characters and above) from the systems default password is the key towards saving one’s data from hacking.
So here some password setting tips and tricks:
1) The password made and maintained should have a mix of all the combinations allowed and be of minimum 8 characters to begin with. A strong password gives any cybercriminal a hard time to begin with. Also, any password breach or number of incorrect attempts should be notified to the user for aided protection.
2) Changing the password at regular intervals is suggested. Your password can be stolen easily by shoulder surfing, dictionary attacks (when you use proper dictionary words as passwords) or when one works with a combination of blank or weak passwords. Changing it at regular intervals saves one from the hack work.
3) One can make use of two-factor authentication to begin with. In this way, even if someone could breach one wall of security they’d be obstructed by the next.
4) A federated authentication secures the passwords more efficiently because they are being channelled through a single server and hence attempts at phishing or keylogging tend to become futile.
5) Password timeouts are a smart way of securing one’s data, but only if one remains smart from start till the end. Changing just the last digit(s) at the end makes your device susceptible to guesswork attacks.
6) Backdoor password of the operating system helps one access its data if they find themselves locked out without a way to get in. It controls the basic inputs and outputs and the perfunctory booting process. An easy way in that supersedes the system commands by using it through default settings, securing this channel of in and out is essential for the firms.
At times firms and individuals find themselves threatened by the rising advancement in the means and media of hacking that leaves every modem of data saving and encryption quite vulnerable, one must always be in the lookout for suspicious activities happening if any.